Thursday, February 2, 2017

1/30 Ted Talk Reflection

This is a topic that once it was brought to my attention, I defiantly see this problem everywhere. Trying to get the attention of my friends or family while they are glued to their devices is hard. My family doesn't spend a ton of time face to face, we spend time Snap-chatting each other in the same room, or sharing Instagram posts that we think the other will like. After hearing this, I think that I'm going to make a more conscious effort to spend face to face time, especially with my sisters, before I go to college. I think that spending time that doesn't involve technology creates richer and more memorable experiences to remember together. I think this will have a negative impact on society. The fact that technology is taking away from real and personable connections is really sad. I think that eventually meeting new people in real life will be something that is just not desirable anymore, and the relationships that we have built are not deep ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment